Quick: Spent over the cap.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Projection for 2020-21 ($109.14 million cap): Over the cap with Bogdanov Bogdanovic cap hold.
Roster Count: Eight guaranteed, one non/partially-guaranteed, one two-way
PG: De’Aaron Fox, Cory Joseph, Kyle Guy (two-way)
SG: Buddy Hield
SF: Harrison Barnes, Justin James
PF: Marvin Bagley III, Nemanja Bjelica, Jabari Parker
C: Richaun Holmes
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Dewayne Dedmon, expiring 2/6/21) — $2,673,334
- Mid-Level Exception — $9,258,000
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,623,000
2020 NBA Draft: 12th ($3,831,840 cap hold), 35th from the Detroit Pistons (Marcus Morris, Bogdan Bogdanovic), 43rd, 52nd from the Houston Rockets (Andrew Bogut, Chinanu Onuaku, Iman Shumpert)
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Vanja Marinkovic (2019-60th), Dimitrios Agravanis (2015-59th), Luka Mitrovic (2015-60th), Alex Oriakhi (2013-57th)
Non-Guaranteed Salaries — Next Cut-Down Date*
- Nemanja Bjelica $7,150,000 — 11/19/20
* Players and teams can agree to push back cut-down dates.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Full Bird: Kent Bazemore $28,904,493, Bogdan Bogdanovic (RFA**, $16,205,833)
- Early Bird: Alex Len ($5,408,000), Yogi Ferrell ($4,095,000), Corey Brewer ($1,620,564)
- Non-Bird: DaQuan Jeffries (RFA**, $1,445,697)
- Declined First: Harry Giles ($3,976,510)
** Restricted, pending qualifying offer.
- Bogdan Bogdanovic $10,661,733
- DaQuan Jeffries — one-year two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed)
Rookie-Scale Extension Eligible
Note: Expires at the start of the 2020-21 year.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
G-League Affiliate: Stockton Kings (Paul Johnson, Ty Ellis head coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Kyle Guy
Head Coach: Luke Walton
Assistants: Alvin Gentry (associate head coach), Rex Kalamian, Bob Beyer, Jesse Mermuys, Roy Rana, Bobby Jackson (assistant player development coach), Lindsey Harding (assistant coach/player development), Stacey Augmon (assistant coach/player development), Rico Hines (player development), Jonah Herscu (advance scout) and Will Scott (head video coordinator and player development coach)
Trainers: Pete Youngman (director of sports medicine), Manny Romero (head athletic trainer), Ramsey Nijem (head performance and strength coach), Aung Aye (manual therapist and assistant athletic trainer), Teena Murray (senior director of athlete health and performance)
- Joe Dumars — chief strategy officer
- Monty McNair — general manager
- Wes Wilcox — assistant general manager
- Ken Catanella — assistant general manager
- Phil Jabour — vice president of player personnel
- Paul Johnson — director of basketball operations
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from Memphis Grizzlies (Ben McLemore).
- 2024 — Owed second-rounder from the Portland Trail Blazers (Trevor Ariza).
- 2025 — Owed second-rounder from the Portland Trail Blazers (Trevor Ariza).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 11/18/20 — NBA Draft.
- 11/19/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Bogdan Bogdanovic and DaQuan Jeffries.
- 11/19/20 — Nemanja Bjelica’s $7,150,000 guarantees for 2020-21.
- 11/20/20 — Free agent negotiations begin at 6:00 p.m. ET.
- 11/21/20 — NBA moratorium.
- 11/22/20 — Free agent signings begin at 12:01 p.m. ET.
- 11/27/20 — Deadline to withdraw qualifying offers to Bogdan Bogdanovic and DaQuan Jeffries.
- 12/1/20 — First day of training camp.
- 12/9/20 — Deadline to stretch a player on the 2020-21 books.
- 12/21/20 — Extension deadline on De’Aaron Fox.
- 12/22/20 — First day of the 2021-22 season.
- 12/29/20 — Team option on Marvin Bagley III.
- 2/6/21 — Dewayne Dedmon trade exception expires.
- 2/23/21 — Ten-day contracts can be signed.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline on De’Aaron Fox.
- 6/30/21 — Cory Joesph’s $12.6 million guarantees for 2021-22.
- 7/15/21 — Justin James’ $1,782,621 guarantees for 2021-22 season.
- Note: 2021-22 timing will still need revision with 2020-21 running late.
- 8/1/21 — Final Day of 2020-21 season.
- 8/2/21 — Start of 2021-22 season and moratorium.
- Before first day of the 2021-22 season — Extension deadline on Marvin Bagley III.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline on Marvin Bagley III.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates.
- 8/14/20 — General manager Vlade Divac stepped down.
- 9/17/20 — Hired Monte McNair as general manager.
- 11/17/20 — Jabari Parker opted into the final year of his contract.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Arena: Golden 1 Center
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 11/18/20)